Monday, January 31, 2011

Day 2

Today was day 2 of my raw diet. My raw opinion on how I felt today?- Energetic, never hungry, but honestly, I woke up with a brutal dull achey headache that lasted until this evening. It caused me to be in a mental fog all day at work. I really think it has to do with the lack of complex carbs in the diet, becauseafter my dates for snacks, the headache slowly subsided.

The menu was just as I thought it would be- easy for breakfast and lunch, but come dinner time I really craved a bowl of hot chili, or a plate of spaghetti and meatballs, or even some chicken with steamed spinach. After dessert though, I felt full enough that the idea for any of these things subsided. Gary ate what I did for dinner, but between dinner and dessert, he had a nice huge chunk of cheese and a slice of bread with butter.

I may have drooled a bit.

All I have at the moment are almonds for protein source, I'm working at getting some chick peas and beans sprouted, but until then- it's gonna be just the almonds.

I also successfully made some almond milk, however, my blender gave me a prompt scolding afterwards by sending up a flash of smoke.

Menu looked like this:


Breakfast (7:30am):

1 Nectarine
1/2 handful of raw almonds
4 cups of water with 1/2 lemon


Snack (10:30am):

4 dates
1/4 cup raw almonds

Lunch (12:00pm):

Salad: Lettuce, tomato, radish, peppers, basil, carrots, celery, lemon juice.
1/2 Grapefruit

Snack (4:00pm) :

2 dates

Dinner (5:30pm):

Cold soup: 1/2 avocado, handful spinach, 4 radishes, basil, garlic, 2 plum tomato, 1 red pepper, 2 baby cucumbers

Veggie/Fruit Platter: Celery sticks, carrot sticks, cucumber sticks, apple slices
4 cups water w/ lemon

Dessert (7:30pm):

1 small slice Trader Joe's Flattened Banana
1 small scoop frozen almond pulp

Evening Tea (8:15pm): 1 cup herbal teawith 2 leaves of stevia


Totals for today are estimated to be:

1,876 calories
45 g of protein
87 g of fat
271 g of carbohydrates


My recommended daily amounts suggested from here:

89 g of protein
70g of fat
328g of carbohydrates

Here's a graph of my nutrition as percent daily value. I log all my stuff into fit day. Can really see what I'm lacking in!



1 comment:

  1. Wow...good job Sarah! Your approach is almost scientific and it makes perfect sense. Impressive graph! I get alot from your blog, Keep up the good work! There will always be bread and butter and cheese, keep on with your goal!

    ReplyDelete