Thursday, January 13, 2011

Transitioning

I've started using the couple of weeks before my start date to wean myself off of cooked food. I'm not aiming for a perfect raw diet during these days, just slowly fading them out of my diet.

Today's Menu looked like this:

Breakfast (7:45am): 1 banana

Lunch (12:00pm): 1/2 cup of whole wheat spaghetti
2 Turkey Meatballs
Tomato sauce
Water

Dinner (5:30pm): 1 Fruit Smoothie
1 Grilled Chicken Sandwich on Flatbread with Pesto, Hummus, Spinach, and Tomato
Water

Dessert (7:30pm): 2 Celery sticks with nutella


Recipe for the Fruit Smoothie is as follows:

1 Banana
1 Ripe Mango
1/2 Cup Pineapple (Canned in Natural Pineapple Juice, because I had it and needed to use it....would rather have used fresh)
1 Large Handful of Baby Spinach
Juice from 1/2 Lime
A few ice cubes
Water to get the blender going

To me, I predict that dinner will be the most difficult meal of my day. That- and snacks. You see, breakfast and lunch are my easiest meals, because breakfast is almost always 2 pieces of fruit (I was running late today and only grabbed a banana) that I eat on my drive into work. So not much change will need to take place there. It's quick and easy and it has worked for me for a long time.

Lunch, I also predict will be easy, because it's usually a "oh, I gotta grab my lunch quick while I do these other 15 things." Lunch is always a necessity not an enjoyment- I just eat what I have to fulfill the hunger of the day.

Dinner will be difficult.

That's because dinner is the mark of the end of the work day. Dinner is something Gary and I both enjoy. Together. We usually sit down and have a proper dinner together where the food is less for necessity of hunger and more for an enjoyment and reward for our day's efforts.

If I end up with just a salad at dinner- this is not going to be the blog of a happy girl.

That's why I've started collecting recipes now to try and plan for dinner.....that and snacks. You can see from my menu- there's just no snack times in there. I go from about 8am until noon time with no food. By the time lunch comes around, I'm usually hungry, but too busy to take much notice. I'm going to try and incorporate more snacks into my diet- simple things like celery or carrot sticks, nuts and seeds, or more fruit to have between breakfast and lunch and likewise, lunch and dinner. I think the snacks will help to take the added emphasis off of dinner time....so maybe when it is time for a cold meal at dinner, I won't be so disappointed.



No comments:

Post a Comment