Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Welcome.

New Year's came and went and I didn't make any resolutions. I didn't want to promise anything that I wasn't ready to keep. About a week later though, I started thinking about how I wanted to change this year and improve. Things I wanted to try and things I wanted to do.

One thing, inspired by my aunt debbie, was a raw food diet. I've done raw food meals before, but never an all-out everyday diet.

I thought about it and realized that February is a very slow month for us, and thought it would be the perfect opportunity to commit to one month of raw.

I've been spending the last couple of weeks thinking about it and planning.

This is where I plan to blog everyday on my month of raw food, honestly with all the good and bad that may come with it.

My purpose in doing this little experiment is as follows:

1. Increase my daily energy
2. Increase my overall health
3. Try new foods/experiment with my food
4. Eat more purposefully and deliberate
5. [Maybe] Decrease my grocery bill
6. Decrease weight

I plan to use this blog as a form of accountability, a place to share my experience, plan my menus and grocery lists, and keep a record of how this is working out for me.

I will not be restricting my amount of food intake. If I am hungry, I will eat.

I will be tracking everything I eat [calories], my weight, how I generally "feel", costs, and amount of time I spend preparing meals.

I will not be changing my exercise routine, as I want to see how much the raw food diet effects my daily life.

I will choose organic options when available, but will not restrict myself to organic only.

Hope you enjoy!



2 comments:

  1. This will be a fun blog.
    Keep on listening to what your heart tells you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm looking forward to next tracking update.

    ReplyDelete