Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Day 3: Guilty and Energetic

Day 3

I woke up this morning with a jolt- wide awake. Completely uncharacteristic of me. I usually wake up slow. Very slow....and very grumpy.

This morning I woke up and was out in the kitchen slicing lemons and talking to Gary about politics like I had never been asleep. He was a little shocked, since my usual morning routine is a "Grunt. Don't talk to me. Grunt. You're talking. Grunt. Grunt. Why are you still making noise? Ughhh....Why am I awake??? Yeah, I'm going back to bed."


So, I woke up today with a crap load of energy. Not sure if it's 100% diet related since we have been making a conscience effort to go to bed earlier as well.

I did fairly well today, up until noontime when I got the dreaded e-mail from a co-worker that said, "We're celebrating so and so's birthday today! Cake at 1:30 in the conference room."

I tried avoiding showing up. You know- too busy working too go. It worked swell right up until a co-worker grabbed me in the hall.

"You coming down for cake?"

"No, I don't think so"

"Oh come on, everyone will wonder where you've disappeared to."

"I'm pretty busy."

"Nobody's ever too busy for cake."

Long story short- I was peer-pressured into having a very very small slice of chocolate cake with frosting.

I know what you're thinking- I caved. Seriously though, total peer-pressure. I felt incredibly guilty the entire time.

I will say, I paid the consequences because I immediately crashed afterwards. I went back to my desk in a slump, and sat there for an hour or so trying to fight an afternoon siesta.

Overall, I'm not beating myself up too much, because I've done really well today otherwise, and honestly, I just can't avoid cake for the rest of my entire life. It's going to happen, the biggest lesson I can learn for myself, is when it does- 1. Don't overdo it and 2. Don't allow it for reason to quit all together.

With that being said.....here's the Menu for Day 3:

Breakfast (7:45am):

1 Large Red Banana
1 handful almonds
4 cups water with 1/2 lemon juice

Snack (9:30am):

1 Large Banana

Lunch (12:00pm):

1/4 cup almonds
1/2 grapefruit
Cold soup: 3 plum tomatoes, 2 leaves basil, 1 handful baby spinach, 1 clove garlic, 4 radishes, 2 small red sweet peppers, 1 tablespoon olive oil

Snack (2:00pm):

1 small slice chocolate cake with icing (OUCH!)

Dinner (5:00pm):

Fruit Smoothie: 1/4 c. almond milk, 3 kiwis, 1 apple, 2 bananas, 1/2 lime juice, 3 mint leaves, 4 ice cubes, 1 handful baby spinach, water -----[Note: This smoothie was huge and split with Gary]
4 cups water with lemon

Celery sticks
Carrot sticks
Cucumber sticks
1 handful almonds

Dessert:

See: Snack (2:00pm)

Evening Tea with 2 leaves stevia

Totals for the day:

Calories: 1,505
Fat: 62.1 g
Protein: 42.2 g
Carbohydrates: 230 g

Today's Nutritional Daily Allowance Graph:


No comments:

Post a Comment