Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Day 4: Unprepared

Today, I was completely unprepared. For everything. Last night I was convinced I would have a snow day, so Gary and I went over to visit with some friends and were out until nearly midnight.

We had fun, but it was way too late.

Because we didn't have a snow day.

At least not a full one anyways. I ended up going into work for the morning 8am-Noontime. I didn't bring a lunch with me, nor any snacks, or anything other than my coat for that matter.

My whole day got wonky, and when I came home I sulked for most of the afternoon because it was freezing in the house and I just wanted that bowl of chili that Gary was cooking up and making the whole house smell like wonderful, and then eating in front of me.

Needless to say- I had a double order of cranky and over-tired today.

Every time I opened the fridge to think about preparing a salad or a soup, I decided it was just too dang cold, so I chose tea over and over again. Because of this, my day's menu is pretty pathetic.

Here we go, though:

Breakfast (7:30am):

1 handful of almonds
1/2 dehydrated banana from trader joe's
2 cups of water with lemon

Snacks:

None

Lunch (12:30pm):

1 Navel Orange
Large handful of almonds
1 Apple
1/2 c. Almond Milk
Tea

Snack (2:00pm):

1 Navel Orange
Large handful of almonds
1 celery stick
Tea

Dinner (5:00pm):

Celery sticks
More freakin' almonds
Dates
Tea

Good news is: My chick peas are almost sprouted so I can start in with some of those and start to change things up a bit.

Daily Numbers:

Calories: 1,765
Fat: 74.7g
Carbohydrates: 275.9g
Protein: 39.8g

Daily Nutritional Graph:

4 comments:

  1. Ok, I told you the cranky pants would set in! It's sooo much worse when you have very tempting food at home, and it's being eaten right in front of you. You said you weren't ready for my detox commitment... I think your commitment is much harder! I'm only in for 7 days... not 30! Keep on though! The first 4 days are the worst! Question though, I see your caloric intake for the day, it seems high for what you ate. Where is the bulk of it coming from? The almond milk??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, it is pretty tough, although I will say that with how much better I've been feeling, it's been easy to remind myself that all that stuff Gary's eating in front of me, makes me feel like crap.

    I log all my foods into fitday.com and they calculate calories. The "high" calorie foods here are the almonds which account for about (850 for a cup), then the dehydrated banana (350), dates (310), 2 oranges (135), and the apple (110).....I just use as rough estimations because I don't weight and measure all my food out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's why I didn't hear from you much yesterday ~ you're doing great kid ~ love you

    ReplyDelete
  4. "with how much better I've been feeling, it's been easy to remind myself that all that stuff Gary's eating in front of me, makes me feel like crap." THIS IS THE MOST IMPORTANT THING I LEARNED!!!! :) Once I finally realized that on Day 4, after my sulking was over, I was okay.

    ReplyDelete